Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why a blog?

Welcome to my new Blog! TWO MONTHS!! Kevin and I have been husband and wife for a little over two months! Married life is amazing...for many reasons! It still seems surreal that I have a husband...the one I've waited for my entire life. Kevin is everything I ever could have imagined and more. God really knew what he was doing when he brought Kevin and I together. And this is just the beginning! Hence, the name of the blog...Training Wheel Wife. Before, I was a W.I.T-- Wife In Training. Now that I am a wife I'm learning to juggle that role, along with being a full time employee, new business owner, sister, daughter, friend, auntie and someday a mommy. Life is about BALANCE. Someday my training wheels might come off but that's not likely...life is a journey...the key is to enjoy every minute of it and make sure we're all taking care of our own head, heart, body, soul and spirit in the process!


Ok...enough of the mushy stuff...why a blog? Well, I have a lot to say..so much useless knowledge about new recipes, beauty products, exercise, nutrition, fashion, budgets, the world and of course all my personal views--which might irritate you at times. So glad we live in a free country and have the right of free speech! The second reason for my new blog is because of a sweet little new business called Sweet Simplicity Candy & Dessert Bars. These candy and dessert bars have become the new rage for weddings, showers, parties, corporate events, etc. The first time I enjoyed a candy buffet was at our dear friends, The Mickey's, wedding. Lots of yummy stuff to munch on, a wonderful display that tied in with the couple's wedding theme. It was then and there that I was inspired. People LOVED it, there was a need. I could work with women helping facilitate their dreams at their wedding, adding those special touches that make a couple unique. Not to mention there is just one other company in San Diego doing this (North county) and I know I can do it better! I always used to ask my mom, "when is God going to give me my bright idea?" She would tell me "Just use someone else's idea and make it better". Okay, I can do that!

My first candy bar is February 6th and it's for our dear friend's baby shower. She and her husband are having a baby boy (LUKE--we can't wait to meet you!) and the shower is co-ed. How much fun is this going to be? Lots of yummy BLUE candy and sweet treats. Stay tuned for pictures!

Too bad I won't be doing a Charger's bar for Super Bowl Sunday! Still sad about the game last week. "Next year"...San Diegans are used to saying that, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment